What is SuperCharging?
SuperCharging is a means of charging your bike, or other electric vehicle, really really fast! More than that, it is intelligent charging. SuperChargers communicate with your battery to monitor information vital to your battery's health, including C rate, temperature, voltage, and cell level data. Not only do they monitor, but the chargers react accordingly as conditions change.
In the end all of this adds up to being able to charge your vehicle at speeds of 3C safely. We keep it limited to 1C for riders of Zero motorcycles that want to keep their warranty, though. Over 1C, even with our fancy algorithm, is limited to advanced users.
- Full system integration with Zero Motorcycle's Battery Management System (BMS) to ensure battery longevity, safety and maximum charging speeds.
- Powerful charging options upto 10 kW providing over 7.6x faster charging than Zeros standard 1.3 kW onboard charger.
- 0-80% charge in as little as 36 minutes with 10kW SuperCharger (based on Zero Motorcycle 13.0 kWh models).
- Lightweight and compact design allowing either modular 3.3 kW charge bricks (FX) or 10 kW unit to fit in the same location occupied by Zero's 1.3 kW onboard charger with included SuperCharger belly pan.
- Automatically adjusts charging speed based on battery voltage and temperature to ensure long term battery health.
- User configurable option to dramatically increase the motorcycle's battery life by allowing user to hold charge at a desired percentage (i.e. only charge to 80% every night, similar to Daily/Trip charging options in Tesla vehicles). Zero Motorcycles currently does not offer this option so the motorcycle always charges to 100%, which is not ideal for keeping your battery healthy longer.
How do these things work?
Plug the EV station, or any other source of power into your bike and let the charging begin! US versions come standard with J1772 inlets, and EU versions come with full 3 phase Mennekes Type 2 support. You can also use an Android or iOS device to adjust max power and voltage. Set your bike to only charge up to 80% for extra longevity. You could also have your charger hold your bike at 60% for long term storage if you really wanted.
The short answer, is that you just plug it in.
digiNow, established in 2012, is a technology company located in Los Angelos, CA.
We are focused on creating tomorrow's solutions, today.
Our primary products are aftermarket fast-charging accessories for Zero Motorcycles, known as our Superchargers.
Read more about our company history.